Wednesday, November 15, 2006

sake-t to me baby

OK – I'm way, way too busy at work right now to be wasting time on a post, but I could use the therapeutic release.
(Heh heh – I sound REALLY important, right? OHH! Look at me – I'm Mr. Busy Marketing Guy! Out of my way suckas!)

Anyway, first I've got a few comments on miscellaneous mass media topics:

* I love, love, love Thirty Rock. It is ever-so-amazing and I would switch teams for Tina Fey. Well, I least want to be her best friend and have tickle-fights with her.

* I love, love, love Borat. I haven't ever laughed that hard at a movie. I want to naked-wrestle Borat!

* I went to see Running With Scissors which is one of my favorite books.
I almost puked in horror. It was horrible. Absolutely horrible and a total disservice to the book.
Read the book. Don't gaze directly at the movie.

* One of my absolute favorite people ever has died – Ed Bradley. Seriously – I've always dreamed about who I'd want to interview me if I would ever become famous and there are really only two people: Barbara Walters or Ed Bradley. And now Mr. Bradley is gone. And Barbara ain't no spring chicken so I better hurry up and become famous or else it's stupid Diane Sawyer for me.


Work has been absolutely crazy for the past few weeks. Three major proposals were handed off to me last Thursday, and of course I promptly woke up with a virulent stomach flu on Friday morning.
Of course, being the stud that I am, I valiantly attempted to come into work anyway – "No…time…to…be…sick! Must…get….to………..WORK!" – but by 11:00 I realized I am just a normal man after all and dragged my sick ass back home. And I got sick as a dog. It was nas-tay. I was so sad and felt so sorry for myself. No one to take care of poor, dehydrated Matt, who couldn't even bear to take a sip of water. And there was nothing on T.V. at 7:00 except for "Mama's Family," which actually isn't that bad of a show. And Bubba is hot and his package is huge.

I came into work on Sunday to start catching up and it feels like I haven't left since, except for brief periods to get a few hours of sleep.
Then my mom called me crying on Monday. My mom has only called me crying three times: once when my grandma died; once when my grandpa died; and the first year I lived in Denver when she had to have my childhood dog put to sleep. Turns out my parents' dog is full of cancer and has stopped eating. He's only six and he's the best dog ever. Poor little Einstein.

So last night I had no choice but to go out to Sushi Sasa with L. and drink tons and tons of hot sake and big, huge Japanese beers. And I have to say – it snapped me out of my funk!
Well, at least until I got into work this morning and was attacked by a pack of Principals with a whole new round of work for me.

6 Comments:

Blogger Big Daddy said...

I used to have a semi-crush on Bubba when I was a kid.

Sorry to hear about your dog.

6:54 PM  
Blogger hot babe said...

Sorry about your puppy. You know how I feel about puppies.

But as for Bubba & that show, it gives me a tummy ache. It is the Sunday feeling- worse than Roseanne. Why do you watch such crappy tv? Must I mention F Troop?

9:39 PM  
Blogger Kiddo78 said...

I've missed our "little chats." That sounded creepy, didn't it?? Anyway, I *think* I'm coming to Denver in January -- well, Boulder. But isn't that a suburb?? We'll tawk...

9:56 PM  
Blogger Kiddo78 said...

Oh, and I thought Bubba was hot too. I guess it's the redneck "fly over state" in me. And sorry about your pup. My Mom "runned over" mine when I was in high school. We haven't spoken since....kidding...but it was sad.

10:02 PM  
Blogger d-town said...

strike me up as a bubba fan, too! god, how many flashing neon signs did i have growing up that screamed "GAY GAY GAY".

oh yes, the famous bubba package. the show was kinda cute, too. it came on at 4:00pm when i was home from high school. then designing women at 5, then golden girls at 6. oh remember the times ...

1:40 PM  
Blogger Matt S. said...

I miss Ed Bradley! He was the cornerstone of 60 Minutes, I liked the way he would make people squirm sometimes, and be so kind others.

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home