Thursday, August 10, 2006

the indestructible budding gay relationship

I have a little crush on someone.
However, I refuse to get my hopes up regarding the situation. I'm going to be as realistic and grounded and as "expect-the-least" as I can be. Not because I'm a total pessimistic asshole (well, sometimes I am), but what's the point in getting your hopes up time after time only to have them repeatedly dashed against the many potential craggy obstacles to gay romance?
(if you're onto my gig, you know what I mean)

Plus, our road to romance has been a little rough so far. I've been aware of him for quite a while, but we were first introduced to each other around six months ago. Then he sent me a random e-vite through connexions for his birthday party last winter. It was a big party at a fabulous gay couples' house packed with gay men. I tried to get his attention and spend some time with him, but didn't really have the chance. He was busy mingling with all his friends, so I entertained myself by enjoying the open bar and the hot bartender.

I can't remember exactly when it happened, but one Sunday night last spring he had been at the beer bust all afternoon and was being silly drunk and asked if he could kiss me and I said go for it. He was definitely in the top 10% of people I've kissed (no comments from the peanut gallery on that one).
But that led to nothing, except for a little chit-chat here and there when we'd see each other out.

But then about a month ago we bumped into each other and hung out on a Friday night, and I gave him a ride home and he invited me in. Before we knew it, it was 5:30 in the morning, and he told me that he always wakes up at 7:00 a.m. no matter what time he goes to bed, so I got the hell out of there. Even though I kind of wanted to stay.

We had a few semi-awkward run-ins over the next couple weeks, but no follow-up. Last Saturday night we started texting back and forth. He was at JR's, but I wasn't in the mood. I told him I was going to the Wrangler.
I don't know why, but I started flirting and getting cozy with some random Army guy.
I don't know why.
Because I can, I guess. Then I felt someone tap my shoulder, I turned around, and it was him. I know we don't owe each other anything, but I felt really guilty. Like a little kid with my hands in the camouflage cookie jar. And to make it worse, he left almost immediately, and then sent me a text telling me I looked really good that night. Ouch.

I've tried to make amends. I've invited him to go out with my Bahamas ladies and I two Fridays from now. And then he was nice enough to offer to make me dinner at his new place sometime.
So maybe we're on the track to something good.
Or maybe I'm crazy.

Is this budding relationship going to boom or bust? It's hard to say.


Anyway, moving on - one of my biggest gross-out pet peeves – maybe THE biggest – is finding a hair in my food. I can't stand it and can rarely bring myself to eat food from the offender ever again. I have already lost Jimmy John's and Sugar Beat to my peeve. And I seriously used to eat at Sugar Beat at least three times a week.
Today I found a short and curly in my Quizno's. So, basically, I'm fucked. I'm running out of places to eat that I enjoy.
Seriously – if Falafel King and Chipotle let me down I MAY starve to death.

But whatev.
I am still in a downright good mood today! I don't know why. If anyone has been waiting to ask me for a favor, today is the day my friends!

PS – That was just an expression. I'd rather not be asked for favors, thank you.

I appreciate your cooperation.

XXOO

1 Comments:

Blogger Big Daddy said...

Wait, you're gay?

:)

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home