Friday, June 23, 2006

ramblings

I started my Pride celebration last night. Crazy JR's/tequila/cheap beer fest.
You know, everyone claims that once you turn 30 you can't quite party the way you used to. I haven't necessarily found that to be true.
I have found, however, that I don't like feeling useless the next day at work anymore. I mean, I'm tired, a little cranky, everything is a little blurry and confusing – but I don't have a headache or feel sick or anything. I just can't get motivated to do anything. That "day-after" feeling is just the same as it was when I was 22, but these days I feel like I have too many responsibilities and get paid too much to act like a sloth at work. So I guess THAT'S how I've changed.
Unfortunately, I don't think that's going to be keeping me home on Thursday nights.

I was bummed at seeing my ex last night. We get along really well and are still friends, but apparently now he's disgustingly in love with someone.
I am so fucking evil. I don't even feel happy for him – I just feel all grossed out and bitter. I can't imagine ever being in a serious, long-term relationship with someone and then having a really terrible break-up - be it divorce or whatever. I think I now understand why you are more likely to be murdered by someone you know. My ex said to me last night, "Why do you keep running away from us?" referring to him and his "committed life partner" or whatever, and then he proceeded to suck on his face two seconds later a foot away from my face. Then I ran away.

I hope I get some action this weekend, but for the past three years I've always hooked up on Saturday night, which is fun, but then you get maybe two hours of sleep and then have to seriously motivate yourself to spend the whole day frying in the park. Three years ago my buddy J. and I got wasted at the Wave (??? – gay boys actually used to go there???) and then drunkenly pigged-out at a 7-11 and then went back to his place and had wild crazy sex. And we're still good friends. In fact, I'm meeting him for lunch today.
Two years ago I was at JR's with G. and saw this cute guy standing at the bar by himself. I went up, introduced myself, and we went back to his place. The pros of that night: he had a SUPER CUTE dog – a Boston terrier I think - and a lot of good booze. The cons of that night: he got wasted and was super lazy in bed and then snored louder than anyone I've ever heard in my life except for my uncle, whose snores have registered at the same decibel level as a locomotive. I don't think I slept a wink that night. It was INSANE.
Last year I had a boyfriend. That was the best of all. I wasn't desperate and weird and wasted and wildly looking for ass. I was happy and content. I had someone to spend the whole weekend with. From morning until night.
I miss that.

3 Comments:

Blogger Big Daddy said...

Brit accents are sexy. Irish and Scottish are just entertaining though.

12:44 PM  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

Oops, that comment was supposed to go on your other post.

Happy Homo Weekend!

I feel you on the being useless thing. When I was younger and working at Tracks, we partied from Weds. [Club Proteus] until the WaterPark closed at Elitch's on Monday. There's no way I could do that now.

If you're at PTs [don't ask], or Tracks this Saturday, I might introduce myself if I see you. So be warned.

May also see you at the rally.

Either way, have fun and play safe!!

12:50 PM  
Blogger Actions and Consequences said...

bored now!

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home