Sunday, June 18, 2006

this is the true story...

Even though it seems like everyone is talking about it, I really hadn't been pulled into the tizzy of The Real World coming to Denver. Yeah, I think it's good publicity for the city and all – if you call a bunch of good-looking people getting wasted and having ridiculous fights and sitting in hot tubs and slutting it up good publicity, that is – but I'd rather play it cool and pretend like I could care less.
You know – cuz I'm too cool for school??
But I was walking home up the 16th St. Mall on Friday afternoon around 5:30, and when I was crossing the street at 16th & Lawrence I suddenly noticed two cameras coming my way. They were following a very good-looking blond guy and some brown-haired mousy girl I paid about a nanosecond of attention to. I think it was the gay guy who's supposedly going to work at JR's. I smiled at him and he smiled at me.
And that's it.
That's my brush with Real World fame.
And it was way more exciting than I thought it would be! I am no longer too cool for school.

So I immediately texted my friend in Kansas City to tell him the news:
Me: I just saw the crew from The Real World following the gay boy! He was so hot!
T: I know this boy!
Me: What?
T: Yeah – my friend in Denver met him.
Me: Wow – really? I really want to see the house where they're living!
T: Supposed to party with him when I'm in Denver next weekend – at some after party at a church.

Hmmm – so T. is coming to Denver on Pride weekend and is tentatively planning on partying with the hot gay Real World guy.
Granted, at the Church – bleh – but whatev. Could be interesting…

9 Comments:

Blogger Actions and Consequences said...

you've disappointed me. I made fun of the white girl from In Living Color while i was in the elevator with her. It took her a second to recognize that i was slamming her.

6:07 PM  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

I actually passed you on the Mall, Friday, as well. You were in a burgundy shirt. [I like you in the cobalt blue one better :) - ooh, that sounds stalkerish]

By the time I realized it was you, it was too late to make a cool introduction, and not look like some crazy person.

I was right behind 3 cute guys near Appaloosa grill. You appeared outta nowhere, and my brain didn't quickly compute.

So if you run across a spiky haired lad this week, that me.

On a different note, the house the cast is in, looks like a prison from the outside. They don't even get too look outside; the street facing windows are all translucent, instead of transparent.

11:54 AM  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

Oops, posted before I finished. I guess the blonde gay guy's name is 'Davis', but he's using 'Jeremy' for the show.

Supposedly, he is already in a relationship, and pretty committed. At least thaht's what the interets say.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

I have a post on 'Davis'. You should check out the pic and see if it's him.

I posted everything but the stuff I found about him being involved.

Damn.

I'm a geek.

http://bonjourpeewee.blogspot.com/2006/06/
real-world-denver-davis_13.html

2:47 PM  
Blogger hot babe said...

Yeah, you don't want to meet Matty for the 1st time when he's hungover cranky. It'd give you the wrong impression. I much prefer the "I hate every idiot on the plantet, which is about every other person I see" Matty.

And I'll admit that I'm a complete idiot when it comes to meeting anyone remotely possibly in the public eye. It's pathetic the way I fall all over myself trying to make a good impression, which I realize only leads to me making a horrible impression. I can't stop myself.

3:06 PM  
Blogger Actions and Consequences said...

=-)
I only make fun of people I like.

So Ted and I are in NY and we walk into the elevator. I look in and in my head I say, whoa thats the girl from in living color (Ted thought hey isn't that the girl from Sienfield). So she is wearing overalls, some crap bandana and she just has wild hair.
Well is a fancy schmancy elevator. It has a video screen with running ads/news etc. Another guy, who stepped in with us see's her and says so we meet here again? (she works in the building with im apparently) She says Yes, Yes, I just can't get enough of these fashion tips, refering to the segment running on the screen. So i thought oh don't say it, don't say it, Oh screw it, she walked into that one and she is a comic. I said, "did you take any?" and looked her up and down. She said, no. pause pause pause HEY.We all chuckled and she said, you know you can't get far with that suitcase.
So we walked out of the building and Ted said, do you know whot that is? Yes the girl from in living color. She walked into it though.

4:37 PM  
Blogger Actions and Consequences said...

I think his name is matt is funnier.

How did you come about my blog?

I'm home upright now. I am watching extremly fat kids on maury. its crap.

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just to clairify, the afterhours party is not at THE Church Night Club. It's in the basement of A church. The large red brick one in the Highlands area. Very different places.

11:30 PM  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

Hey,

You got linked to from Get Real Denver [last link in the story]:

'http://www.getrealdenver.com/2006/06/27/
intimidation-mtv-style/#more-51

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home