Tuesday, July 18, 2006

my bullshit weekend

I had high hopes for my weekend. But everything seemed to turn out all wrong.

Friday:
On my way to work I bumped into the hot guy from my building. We've hung out a couple times since he overheard me baby-talking to my cat last spring, and I do believe we've gotten past the awkwardness of it. I even gave him a ride home from the bar one night, although nothing happened. He said he would call me to meet up somewhere that night. I, of course, was giddy.

While I was getting ready to go out that night I got a text from an acquaintance whom I spent some time with two weekends ago. We even had a quasi-date (that was actually caused by me accidentally pulling a "leave-behind" of my watch on his bedroom floor) last week that strictly involved talking and getting to know each other and no hanky-panky. The text asked me what I was up to, if I wanted to hang out, blah blah blah. I, of course, was giddy.
At that point I had two quality prospects!

When I got to the bar I find out from my buddy that the text I had received had been a cheesy group text message. I never heard from my neighbor.
Cut to me sitting alone in front of my T.V. at 3 a.m.

Saturday:
I was invited to a pub crawl by one of my friends. It started late-afternoon. Now, I foolishly assumed that pub crawl meant traveling from one air-conditioned bar to the next and getting pleasantly drunk. Turns out it meant taking a walking tour of LoDo in 105 degree heat and stopping for one drink in the first couple of hours. I was stunned. And sober. And sweaty as hell.

But I felt a little better when a guy I'd spent most of Pride Sunday hanging out with texted me asking what I was up to. I said I needed a cold drink and he said to meet him at the Wrangler. So I did, and then spent over an hour watching him shamelessly flirt with someone else while basically ignoring me. And I did see one really good-looking guy standing by himself, but was too shy to approach him…or maybe at that point my spirit was broken?

Sunday:
Determined to end my weekend without the distraction and stress of any more gay bullshit I did some reading in the park, worked out super hard, and then met one of my straight buddies at Gov's Park for dinner. Our waitress was one of those super-friendly, jolly types who actually sits down with you, chit-chats, has a few laughs, etc.
That is she WAS, until I complained about the chicken on my pomegranate chicken salad. It was disgusting. It was completely overcooked and looked like an autopsy. You couldn't even poke a fork through it.
Seriously – she switched on her cold, pissed-off bitch personality immediately. She angrily yanked the plate away and ignored us the rest of the time we were there, even when our beers had been empty for 20 minutes. She only stopped by again to drop off the bill. PSYCHO.
So, in an attempt to salvage the last shreds of my lame-ass, pathetic weekend I went home and put in the Nip/Tuck DVD I had just rented that afternoon. It immediately started freezing and skipping.
That was it.
I gave up and went to bed at 9:00.

TA-DA! Matt's bullshit weekend!

8 Comments:

Blogger Actions and Consequences said...

i'm glad i'm not you.

6:16 PM  
Blogger Actions and Consequences said...

Well when you've hit bottom there is only way way to go from there.
I hope you it bottom otherwise it can just get worse.

6:18 PM  
Blogger Matt S. said...

Man, you are a better person than me, my spirit would have been broken by Saturday afternoon, and I would have probably just given in bought a bottle of Jack, and made my best friend come over and listen to me bitch about how much I hate men.

12:21 PM  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

We should do a Denver Blogger pub crawl. A real one, with one drink at various places.

Was your server at Govn'rs named Steph by any chance? Kinda heavyset, short hair?

If so, I used to work with her. Yah, she is kinda psycho. I can't believe she is still working there if it is her.

[side note...it's about time you posted!]

:)

5:30 PM  
Blogger potusol said...

I was thinking maybe your weekend would end up salvaged when you mentioned Nip/Tuck, and then the skippage. GRRRRRRRRRR

1:16 AM  
Blogger d-town said...

i can sort of empathize. i had a normal friday night out at JRs ... first happy hour followed by an 11:00 encore, then food afterwards. drunk but by no means sloppy, and i was laid up on the couch for the rest of the weekend. i think it's a combo of hangover and something else, though, not straight up cocktail flu.

9:24 AM  
Blogger Actions and Consequences said...

Did you have another bullshit weekend... OH you just haven't posted anything!
=-\ Do i have to take you off my list of blogs I read? I guess I could start bloglines but if you would email me when you've updated that would be great!

11:03 AM  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

No doubt.

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home