Wednesday, December 20, 2006

i'm lonely and i stink

The blizzard has officially shut down most of Denver. I think there are about five people left in my office – everyone else has already left. This is truly a day not fit for man nor beast nor architect. The only people who choose to stay at work during a blizzard are those who are way too crazy busy to concern themselves with getting home alive, those who are so lame that a free afternoon means nothing to them so they might as well just stay at work and let the clock run down on their pathetic lives, or those like me who have only about 2.45 hours of Paid Time Off saved up and can't afford to leave early.

I had to reschedule my flight. There was no way I was getting out of here tomorrow morning. Luckily, United had one seat left on the flight to Aberdeen on Saturday morning, and they were also able to move my return date from Tuesday to Thursday. After I threw a little cash at the problem, that is. So all's well that ends well, I guess.

Except that I was standing in my shower for about two minutes this morning waiting for the hot water to come, and I waited…and waited…and waited – and then it got even colder. I screamed "FUCK" so loudly that Ernie ran and hid under the bed.
You see, I cannot begin a workday without a long, hot shower. Just don't fuck with my motherfucking shower motherfucker. So I stared at myself disbelievingly in the mirror for a minute or so, and then finally accepted that it just wasn't going to happen.

I really only have three major pet peeves in this world: hair in my food; no hot shower in the morning; and dumb but hot straight men who strut around as if they're god's gift.

It really sucks because my brain was prepared to check out for a week as of 5:00 today, and now I'm stuck here for the rest of the week. And what am I supposed to do tonight with a blizzard going on? I can't go have my xmas present exchange/dinner with G. I can't go grab a frosty brew at JR's with the boys. I can't even invite a super cute boy to brave the elements to spend some cozy cuddly time with me because I stink. Unless anyone out there happens to be into that…heh heh.

3 Comments:

Blogger d-town said...

i thought united was waiving change fees for those passengers affected by the blizzard? (i saw it on there yesterday as i was checking on something else.)

being completely stuck does suck, especially if the bars aren't open and you're not within walking distance of other friends. at least you had power, right?

10:12 AM  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

It could have been worse.

I couldn't make it home from work on Weds., so I had to get a hotel room.

Which isn't bad in itself, except, all I had was the clothes on my back. Which were caked in snow.

Then there was nothing open up there.

I had to walk home 8 miles yesterday, to get home, because I couldn't bear staying there another night in the same clothes, and only vending machine food.

At least I wasn't stuck at the airport, sleeping on the floor.

Stay warm!!!

2:37 PM  
Blogger Matt S. said...

I hear round two of the blizzard is heading your way, good luck my friend.

It was a very comfortable 47 degrees here in Iowa today, and who says Global Warming can't be a good thing?

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home