Tuesday, February 14, 2006

what's feb. 14th again?

I hate confrontation. I can't stand having anyone dislike me, or even worse - having them know that I dislike them. I figure I'm just a people-pleaser through and through. Some would say spineless – I call it overly sensitive.

Of course, I'm just evil enough that I'm not above being two-faced and bitching about people behind their backs. I just don't want them to ever find out.
So when the annoying douche bag who moved here from Florida a few months ago stumbled up to me on Saturday night and went off on his little drunken, slurry tirade I was somewhat thrown.
"Hey Matt – I know YOU'LL be happy to know that I won't be around much longer. Maybe you're not a big fan of me, but you know what? Huh?? I don't care! That's right. I don't care if you like me. So screw you!"
If I hadn't been drunk too I might have tried to deny the fact that I don't like him. But I was pretty wasted so I just shrugged my shoulders and grimaced.
But after a couple of minutes I realized I couldn't stop thinking about it. I mean, he's not evil or anything. He's just got horrible breath, absolutely no fashion sense, and is about as interesting to talk to as a bag of rocks. Either someone told him that I didn't like him or I was being totally obvious about it. And I started to feel really bad about the situation.
Then Sunday night B. told me that Florida has been going around telling people that I came on to him and begged him to hook up with me.
That's it. I'm punching him in the neck if I ever see him again.
Gawd. Gross! As if my reputation isn't fucked up enough already.

The rest of my weekend was full of gay fun:

Sunday night I was at JR's drinking a few beers and hanging out with some recent acquaintances. I picked out the boy that I thought was the absolute cutest in the bar. He was kind of frat-boy'ish. Then my ex-boyfriend showed up and introduced me to the cute frat boy. They're dating. The table erupted in laughter. Cute boy looked confused. Confused, but still as cute as a button.
Lucky goddamn ex-boyfriend.

One of the guys who was there works at the downtown Gap. He told me they're having a $2 sale on those boxer-briefs I love! I told him I would come in this week to buy some – however, I'm a little reluctant to go in because I took a boy home from that same Gap two weekends ago. He was pretty good in bed, but was also one of those you can't get to leave. It was about 2:00 a.m. and I had to be up at 7:00 a.m. for a Saturday morning staff retreat so I had to pretty much kick him out. Now I don't want to go to the Gap because I'll most likely see him and get crusty looks from him.
Which is totally pissing me off because I love the Gap. And I want new undies.

Saturday afternoon I watched Can't Buy Me Love and Sunday afternoon I watched Trick. Gay.

The two CD's I'm obsessively listening to over and over and over are "Confessions on a Dance Floor" and "Breakaway." Double gay.

The best news of the weekend: The hot, hot, HOT guy I've mentioned a couple times on this blog (works in the building next to me, the one I was too nervous to talk to at a party a few months ago) was at the bar on Saturday night and came up to me and said, "I've met you before, haven't I? It's good to see you!" and gave me a big sexy hug. Even though we've never actually talked.
I was all, "Bah?? Gah!! Doi…" because I was wasted.
One little tip from Rehab Matt: If you're not drinking during the week, it is unwise to believe you can go out on the weekend and drink as much as you used to. You will lose track of time and space and hit on anything within your blurry radar. ANYTHING.
So now I'm determined to "casually" bump into him during the lunch hour. While I'm sober and charming. And then HE WILL fall in love with me and we'll have beautiful babies!
Yeah!

Oh – and Happy Valentine's Day to all! I'm very happy for all of you who are in love on this special day.
I am perfectly O.K. being single – I just wish I had some guaranteed sex…and maybe a box of chocolates or candy message hearts.
But hey – I can always buy my own chocolates, and I did just wash my sheets on Sunday so messing them up now would just be a pain in the ass.
Me not having sex is actually helping to save the environment! Yeah...
I did see something on AC 360 last night that said (and I'm approximating these figures using my poor, drug-ravaged brain) only like 15% of singles are sad about being single and over 40% are perfectly happy being single and don't even want to be coupled up. I'm not sure what the deal is with the other 45%. Maybe that's the category for asexuals and those who dismember hookers and one-night-stands and keep the mummified bits on rocking chairs in their cellars?

XXOO!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kiddo78 said...

You get plenty o'action! You're always talking about some new guy or a date. Maybe I should move to Denver. Or find new hang outs...Anyway, Happy V-Day! Too bad you don't live here, we could go rock the town tonight and maybe trip on a curb or something...

2:25 PM  
Blogger Matt S. said...

I can not stand it when someone thinks I don't like them! 90% of the time they're right, but even thought they suck, I still end up feeling like a total asshole.

Have a happy Valentines Day, hope you find someone to share it with! I will be spending it with my favorite boys Jack and Jose!

4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am going to go on a limb here and say that you worry too much about what other people think. Follow my motto; fuck em!

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home