Wednesday, February 01, 2006

happy, happy

I thought I'd try to come up with a little happy post since I've been so crabby and *screechy cat sound* lately.

So let's focus on the brighter side of life!

Well, I may still be poor, but I'm definitely going to make it until next Tuesday (payday) without starving. I've been really good about not spending money for the last week. Friday night I convinced just about every boy I saw to buy a drink for me and then Saturday night I went to a party, thereby avoiding the need to spend money at all except for the bottle of wine I brought with me. Then I stayed in Sunday night and last night. Monday night I went out for a while, but only bought one gin martini.

Speaking of that, the date on Monday night went well. It was interesting to confront the situation in a sober manner, because we were only about two zippers away from getting it on two weekends ago, but after we sat and talked for a few hours I decided it would be better if we were just friends. I mean, I still think he's kind of cute, but it appears that he's serious relationship guy and I like to take things sloooooooooow.
Wait – throw five more o's in there. Better.
Plus he's got breath issues. Breath is very important to me. And if he can't be bothered to step it up for a date, what's he gonna be like in everyday life?

I think the cute guy with the hot shaved head from my building who I always see walking his dogs likes me. He just keeps giving me these sly smiles, and then when I turn around to check out his ass he's sometimes turning around to check out my ass too!
Pluses: He's cute with a hot shaved head and a great ass.
Minuses: He has multiple dogs. Bleh.

I finally got back to the gym last night! It had been almost two weeks, and besides starting to feel like a huge heifer, lack of exercise was really starting to affect my mood. So I did an hour of cardio and some weights and slept like a baby last night! It will definitely be a while before I take a good night's sleep for granted again.
Please allow me one small negative thought here – the New Year's resolution people. I hate them. I know they're only going to be around clogging up the gym for a few more weeks before they give up and go away until next January, but jesus h. christ!

I have my second interview for my potential new job tomorrow morning! Granted, it is at 7:00 a.m., but they're just trying to be accommodating to my current job responsibilities. I appreciate that, but it's so damn hard to be witty and charming and smart at that hour of the day. I'm sure I'll manage somehow.

Survivor starts tomorrow night!

We're only two weeks away from me getting my car! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I'm currently insurance-shopping.

Last night while digging through a drawer looking for a calculator to do my taxes I found a $30 Pottery Barn gift card I forgot I had. So when I have my car I can drive to one and spend it!
I can't believe I'm going to be able to drive wherever I damn well please in less than three weeks.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Breath issues are the worst...Alot of times I can't think the same of someone once I have encountered them smelling.You could slide him a piece of your new yummy gum,but someone has to be really wrth it to spare a piece of sweet mint.I get crabby when Greg steals a piece of mine...he just doesin't appreciate it the way I do and my feeling is if he can't acknowlege the fact it is the best gum ever he should just go get a pack of extra or something.I worked out for the 2nd day in a row after my 4 day departure.I will never go that long again.I am a monster lady when I don't workout.I just feel like such a slug.I really have determined I need to workout for my emotional well being just as much as I need to for my pudgy stomach.I agree about the new people at the club...I mean really just eat some chips and give up until 2007 already I NEED MY STEPPER!
that was not very nice but,the rage that I feel when I don't get the machine I want is infuriating.
I am so excited we get to chat about survivor tomorrow!Exile island ooooooooooooooooooooh!
I have been into dancing with the stars lately.I am so glad slacker P is gone.I mean come on P you need to put in the effort...I felt so bad for little AShley.

2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Multiple dogs... LOL!

I hear what you are saying about the new years resolution people too; I can't stand it!! They just make the gym so unpleasant for Jan and Feb, and they even know they are going to fail... just give up and go home.

Although, the gym I work out at has lots of hot bear daddies, so maybe they could stick around for a little bit. I fear that I am turning into a chubby chaser. LOL!

7:55 AM  
Blogger hot babe said...

I miss the beast. that was one damn fine car. RIP.

I say go for the bald hottie. You're gonna be getting it on with him, not the dogs... well, unless he's into that & then you run- RUN! ... or unless you're into that & then you can never tell me- NEVER!

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home