Thursday, January 19, 2006

i'm going towards the bright light at the end of that long tunnel...

Good god my life has been dull the past four days.
Somebody, PLEASE tell me that you're doing something fun and exciting out there!! Let me live vicariously through you!
Seriously – I get up, drag my ass to work, do nothing of particular importance or interest, go home, try to do SOMETHING productive like cleaning a little or doing a little writing, I end up vegging in front of the TV, and then I go to bed. I can't even say I've enjoyed a good drunky stumble around the old apartment since I'm trying not to drink during the week in my bad-ass attempt to get in shape.
I did do kind of a half-assed workout on Tuesday night, but my lungs are so thrashed right now that I had to take it very easy. Does anyone else feel emasculated if all they do is walk on the treadmill? I felt like the big buff muscle guys were thinking, "Jesus, what a pussy!" But if I run I may collapse and die!
Now that I think about it, that may lead to a little mouth-to-mouth action from the big buff muscle guys, but oh my – a stroke is a big price to pay just for some first-base action.

I just wrote out a check to my parents for the car and bought my tickets for the Bahamas AND my rent needs to be paid next week so I am 99% broke. Staying home is my only option. NOW is the time that I need a boy to come over to entertain me.

Well, anyway, I already shelled out $$$ last week for the Denver Art Museum benefit tomorrow night. And that's cool because the drinks are free. And it's a dressed-up, classy affair so I'm sure there will be oodles of gay men there. And even if there aren't, by the end of the night I oughta' be fairly plastered off of free martinis and five days of sobriety so I can just get my ass dropped off at the gay bar and maybe find some trouble.

So I literally had one of the scariest nightmares of my life last night. It's really not worth describing, since everyone knows that listening to someone tell a dream story is one of the most excruciating experiences on earth that one can be subjected to - it really should be punishable by death. Plus, talking about a nightmare out loud always removes the razor-sharp edge of horror from the dream, and it always ends up sounding kind of silly and rambling.
But regardless, I was horrified beyond belief and probably mumbling and maybe even screaming a little in my sleep, and it just went on and on and on. And then I woke up in a cold sweat, and when I was finally able to pass out again I went right back into the same nightmare. And now all day I've had this scrunchy feeling leftover from it. One of my friends played a significant part in the dream, and I don't even want to talk to him right now!
I'm certifiable.

I just made the lamest online purchase of my life – vacuum cleaner bags! Hee hee.
I have this old little Dirt Devil pull-around that I use to get the cat hair off my couch and the fuzz bunnies from under my bed and in all the years I've been using it I've never been able to find replacement bags. Well, lo and behold, I found them online! $3.50 for three replacement bags!

Christ.
Seriously - it's beyond sad that the highlights of my week have been buying vacuum cleaner bags and seeing Denver on American Idol and seeing Jack shirtless on Lost.

Someone, PLEASE tell me that you're out doing something thrilling with your life!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't abstain from drinking... no need. I tried that. HA! Plus, it makes things like sitting around way more fun. YOu know!

3:48 PM  
Blogger hot babe said...

Well, my highlights when I leave work today will be shots from the travel clinic, a 1 yr post-op check up for my lasik, and then going out tonight with Ponytail & his girlfriend. I'm totally letting the cleavage show. Maybe he'll get in trouble if she catches him glancing at my chest.

Although, my morning was fabulous! I had a 2nd interview & it went well. The reason I know this is because she told me "this is really going well, and I have a good feeling about you." Now I'm just tryig to not get my hopes up too high in case I don't get it.

11:12 AM  
Blogger hot babe said...

Yeah, it's still at the same company but in a completely different area. And it'd be a move from hourly to salary & I'd have to dress up & it'd be a "real" job much closer to the legal side of things but not in the legal dept. I hope I get it.

And you may have an interview? Good luck! Let me know what happens!

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home