Monday, January 09, 2006

now THIS is the kind of task I can handle on monday a.m.

First thing when I sat down at my desk this morning our graphics intern asked me to draw a picture like I would have when I was a little kid. It's for our new elevator lobby display. Something to do with little kids or childhood creativity or something like that.
It made me wish I was in kindergarten again.
Draw a picture or two, learn how to make 8's, have a story read to me, eat some graham crackers and milk, and then get a killer nap around 10:00.

DAMN, being a grown-up sucks. I mean, I like the sex and getting to drink alcohol parts, but the rest isn't that cool.
All right, excuse me - I have to go write out a student loan payment check and then work FIVE DAYS IN A ROW.
*sigh*

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I would so love to be a kid... Michael does not nap anymore and all I can think is this is your oppurtunity...why don't you take it? How can you outgrow a nap? I would take one everyday if taking one everyday was socially acceptable.Yeah I don't reap the adult benifts you mentioned.I don't appreciate them in the same way...I would so love to use being a minor as an excuse not have sex,saying I have a headache is getting old...

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

" I mean, I like the sex and getting to drink alcohol parts, but the rest isn't that cool."

Very eloquently said, my friend. And so, so, so so so true.

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home