Wednesday, January 25, 2006

hate & love

Let's start with hate this week shall we, since the universe is apparently shitting on me right now.


Things I'm hating right now:

1. Seeing someone I had a hot, ravenous afternoon sex session with not even two years ago and having him act like he doesn't know me from Adam. PU-LEAZE!
As if you could forget this junk! Heh heh. WUFF!

2. An empty bank account. I will be surviving on Lipton Noodles and interiors vendors' free breakfast pastries for the next two weeks.

3. Fat Actress. I love, love, love Kirstie Alley and was SO excited to watch this show on DVD.
It sucked ass. And not in that good way.
Even being drunk and stoned couldn't help make it tolerable.
For shame K.A. For shame!

4. How big of a drama queen I turn into when I get drunk. Christ – I think I may have alienated my 21-year-old makeout crush on Saturday night just because he didn't come up to me immediately when he got to the bar to say hi. Calm down Matty….

5. The bird flu (a.k.a. a flu pandemic). I saw extensive stories on it on both Oprah and 360 yesterday and now I'm convinced we're all fucked. And the people at greatest risk for death are those 20-40-years-old. Yep. Your own immune system ends up killing you. Great.

6. And the biggest thing I'm hating: A mere four days after being diagnosed with bronchitis I was back at the doctor yesterday getting diagnosed with strep throat. I woke up in the middle of the night on Monday night/Tuesday morning and literally could not swallow (insert obvious joke here). My doctor is a little mystified as to how one comes down with strep throat while already on antibiotics for bronchitis, but what can I say? I'm an enigma.
And I kiss too many boys.
Ouchie – my throat hurts!
*quiet sobbing*
And I was supposed to have a date with one of my crushes last night but had to back out for obvious reasons. Not cool!


Things I'm loving right now:

1. Mary J. Blige's new song "Be Without You" – the Moto/Blanco edit. You can hear it on gaydar.com. It's a much more upbeat and groovy version than what plays on MTV. Can this lady do no wrong?

2. Antibiotics. I'd be dead right now without them. Period.

3. Stacy Keibler (from Dancing with the Stars) – Is she not the most exquisite wrestler you've ever seen? I can't believe that smokin' hot babe is a wrestler! I'd have sex with her!

4. Orbit sweetmint gum. It's the shiz!

5. Boys, boys, boys!! Not to get all wacky spacey on ya'll, but my horoscope did say this was my year for love, and I'm currently in love with three guys. The question is whether any of them are in love with me. (ps – I realize I am using the term "love" loosely. Chill.)

6. Saturday brunch and mimosas and gossip with my best gal pal.

7. Champagne. I had about ten glasses on Friday night and thought I was the most intelligent, charming, witty guy EVER.

8. The 40-Year-Old Virgin. I was cry-laughing during the chest waxing scene.

9. Steve Carell. I'd do him in a heartbeat.

10. That the new guy in my office is gay. I had my suspicions, and they were confirmed on Friday night (no, not confirmed THAT way – we just had a drunken conversation at the Denver Art Museum benefit). I'm no longer the only gay in the village!

11. That I got to watch Days yesterday! Austin and Carrie are back? WTF?? And Bo and Hope's kid got killed? WTF??

11 Comments:

Blogger Matt S. said...

Oh My Gaw! I was watching AC360 last night and shitting my pants about the possible flu pandemic. America only has enough drugs for 2% of us. I say screw all y'all, I get the drugs first, fend for yourselves!

2:37 PM  
Anonymous denverboy said...

Yeah baby!
Let us handsome, charming gay men have the drugs first so the world will still be fabulous!
Plus, fewer breeders means fewer babies which means less annoyance.
Ha ha - I'm kidding of course...um...yeah.

2:55 PM  
Blogger hot babe said...

Well, it's about damn time someone I know is also as freaked as I am about the pending pandemic.

And, um, fewer breeders also means fewer future young adorable gay boy toys for you to defile. You need our uteruses in order to have more of you around, so I better be cut in on that deal of the Tamiflu... which by the way they don't even know if it will make the slightest bit of difference. They could be placing all our money on a losing card! Damn, you bird flu!

11:03 PM  
Anonymous duane said...

Sorry about the money situation... I am really feeling that right now too. Worst part is, that I don't foresee that I can do anything about it. That makes things pretty upsetting to me.

As for the bird flu; take it from me, someone who works at CDC, I am freaked out too! We are fucked. I don't know what is going to happen. All I can say is that I hope it doesn't come here, by the grace of god or whatever. Seriously. WORRIED!

1:12 PM  
Anonymous duane said...

Sorry to post again, but I just wanted to say something:

As with any virus, there really is no way to treat the virus, only the symptoms. You can try and slow it down, or keep it from taking full effect, but we can't cure it. The common cold is a virus. With that being said, no amount of Tamiflu is going to save everyone; some people are just going to be more susceptible to the disease, and some will be more likely to die from it. It is just some scary, scary shit, as far as I am concerned. Scary.

1:14 PM  
Anonymous denverboy said...

Ooh - sorry about that little anti-straight people/baby rant.
You have to realize I was extremely, extremely mad at the world last week.
Hee hee.

Duane - now you've got me really freaked out! I mean, if you guys don't know what's going to happen then I'm imagining all these scary scenarios where there are freaky, bloated bodies in the street and looters carrying DVD players out of the burning Radio Shack and shit.
God.

3:10 PM  
Blogger hot babe said...

Great, Duane. Thanks. Really calming my fears here.

10:33 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

orbit sweet mint....
I love that you love this matt...Is it not THE best gum ever.I go through like two packs a day.
it's sad that I get so excited about gum...

11:31 AM  
Blogger denverboy said...

Oh yeah!
Stacy - I was totally trying to remember last week who had mentioned that they liked this gum a while back.
And it was you!
You're such a trailblazer. I've really got to start listening to you more.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

Now go get some canned pumpkin...I am not kidding

8:35 PM  
Blogger denverboy said...

Yes ma'am.

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home