Monday, January 30, 2006

date night

Tonight is date night, and I'm ever-so-excited!

I love the anticipation of getting to spend time with a cute boy.

I met this boy a couple months ago. I LOVE Hispanic men, and there's this group of Hispanic guys I know who I always lust after. Well, this boy is friends with them and the night I met him we just couldn't stop staring at each other, and then he told me he's really into hands, and that he loved mine. Nice compliment.
Then two Fridays ago when I was completely blitzed on champagne we ended up making out at the bar, then he drove me home and we had a mad groping session right in front of my building (in front of god-knows-who – ugh, embarrassing).
Ahh – liquor and lack of self-restraint. Where would my love life be without it?

Because of the strep last week I had to cancel our date. Then when I was feeling all blue and depressed late on Saturday night I sent him a text saying that I was lonely and that he should come over. I didn't get a response from him until last night around 8:30 saying he could come over to ease my loneliness. But that was approximately 18 hours after I had originally sent the text.
So now I'm wondering whether culture/language could actually be a serious impediment in a relationship with him. I mean, I enjoy witty and biting banter and it's kind of hard to do that with someone who speaks English as a second language.
On the other hand, I quite enjoy English through a heavy Hispanic accent. It's so damn hot and sexy.

I feel a little bit like a bad, slutty kind of date because when we talked last week he said that he'd rather not go to a bar, but do something else like get coffee (?) or go to the theatre (??) and all I could think was "Huh?" I'm not saying I have to go out and get wasted on a date – I really think that's tacky and unnecessary - and I'm definitely against going to a gay bar on a first date, but I don't think there's anything wrong with a drink or two to ease the bit of awkwardness on a first date. Especially when you've already made out with the guy and felt his package through his jeans.

Is my interpretation of this situation totally off? I really don't go on many dates.

But hey - at the very least I get to kiss someone attractive tonight, and that makes me happy!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i advocate one, if not several drinks at all times. it makes everything go a little more smoothly.

10:07 PM  
Blogger Matt S. said...

I might be (and by might be mean I am) a lush, but I say a good stiff martini always helps ease the tension/nerves on a first date.

3:44 PM  
Blogger hot babe said...

I say a drink or two on a date is a good thing, but not at a bar- at a restaurant instead. You can still just order drinks & not food if you're not doing the food thing. Or just down a bottle of Cuervo on your way out the door & head to meet the boy at the coffee shop on the corner. Now that could make for an interesting evening.

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home