Friday, September 30, 2005

tee hee

One of my biggest crushes is in Denver today. He's one of the big guns from our Chicago office, and he's here in my office for the day to help develop workplace standards for one of our bigger, more controversial clients. Let's just say it's a client that produces a product that I used to be horribly addicted to. And still am on most Friday/Saturday nights while consuming large amounts of alcohol.

Anyway, in his presence I turn into a 13-year-old girl. I blush, stammer through my sentences – that is, if I can even think of anything intelligent to say in the first place. He came back into the breakroom while I was eating my lunch and all I could think of to say was "Hey." And then he asked me how I was doing and I said "Good." Then he inquired whether I had any big plans for the weekend and I said, "Bah. Ah…gah. Dah."

I just can't be witty and/or normal around him. I want to run away to Chicago and become his life partner, but unfortunately he already has one.

Grrrr…sweet frustration!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had one like that. I couldn't form complete sentences, but a friend told me that you had to find something completely wrong with him to make him human, i.e. he has really bad hemmroids or he has one ball or something like that. So when he comes in the room, you think about that thing and it humanizes him, making way for you to be witty and funny at the same time.

4:32 PM  
Blogger Matt S. said...

Oh my gosh, I have a boy that I get near him, and I turn into a giggling idiot. I laugh at everything he says, even if it is not funny, and I start babbling, it doesn't even make sense, and it is really embarrassing. I try to tell myself to shut up, but it just doesn't happen.

8:46 AM  
Blogger hot babe said...

Um, I find this hard to believe the way I've seen your ego boom in recent years. My problem is I usually turn into a total flirt & make a fool of myself that way. I'm not sure if your way or mine is better.

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home