Tuesday, September 27, 2005

notes from the weekend

Thursday night I went out to play some pool with a friend. He's straight and I'm gay, but we're both single, and most of the time, quite happy that way.
Through the drunken haze induced by tequila shots (if you haven't tried a tequila called Distinqt yet, give it a try – it's oh-so-good and orange-y!) and Bud Lights I was trying to describe to him one of the potential "bummer" situations I've encountered while looking for hotties at the bar.
Me: "You know, when you scan the whole bar and everyone is pretty much a woofer except for a couple guys who have some serious yum potential?"
Him: "Uh-huh?"
Me: "And then you don't make your move fast enough and the two cute guys start talking to each other?"
Him: "Uh-huh?"
Me: "And then about an hour later you look over and see them leaving together and you feel your heart drop?"
Him: "Um, uh-huh…?"
Me: "God – I hate that. You know what I'm talking about, right?"
Him: "Well Matt, usually if I pick out a couple girls I think are cute and they end up talking and then leaving together I don't take it too hard. In fact, it's kind of hot."
Me (furrowing my brow, thinking really hard through the haze): "OH YEAH! Cuz you're attracted to the opposite sex!"
Maybe I need to get out with straight people a little more often. Maybe.

I absolutely, positively cannot wait to get my car. I am so sick of walking and taking cabs and being a sucker-chump in general. Friday night I called a cab outside my apartment and stood there waiting for 15 minutes only to have a drunken blonde BITCH hop into it the second it pulled up. I ran up, opened the door, and stuck my head in but when I saw how wasted she was I didn't have the heart to pull her out by her hair. OK – I'm actually not that nice. The only reason I didn't do it is because there were a lot of people around and they probably would have kicked my ass. I've never been punched in the face and I'd like to keep it that way.
So I called again, and waited about another 20 minutes (while precious partying time was slipping away) and finally my cab arrived. Just as I was stepping in, a gang of five breeders ran up behind me and asked if they could share the cab with me. I stalled for a few seconds, but then they all started climbing in so what was I to do? Drag them all out by their hair? Again, the face-punching-avoidance thing. Of course they had to be dropped smack dab in the middle of downtown, which is a nightmare around 11:00 on a Friday night. They paid the fare up until that point, but apparently there is some sort of double-fare charge that starts the second fare way up at $6. So I ended up paying $14 with tip to get to the Capital Hill area.
Grrrrr. I want my car!

I'm having a slight crisis of conscience because I've been flirting quite seriously with a friend of my ex. It kind of just started out of the blue. This friend was in a serious relationship that just broke up last week, and it seems like now we're about three drinks away from hopping into bed. I know it's kind of low to hook up with a friend of an ex, but the Denver gay scene is quite small and everyone knows everyone anyway. At least that's what I'm telling myself.
I'm the undisputed KING of foolish drunken text messaging, so I started this up with the friend on Saturday night around 2:15 a.m.:
Me: "Hey sexy bitch – how was tracks?"
Him: "Great! Going home now."
Me: "We went to boystown – strippers weren't so hot."
Him: "Eww!"
Me: "I know – filthy. I was just horny."
Him: ":) Well, I'd partake, but I'm almost in bed…"
There were a few more texts after that, but I'm a lady, so I'll keep those to myself. And obviously I've cleaned up the texts a bit for grammar, spelling, etc. No way drunken texts are that perfect.
So I was talking to G. yesterday and her opinion is that it would just be too low to hook up with him. Especially because I still want to be friends with my ex. And I do agree - in theory.

And…Desperate Housewives is on again! Nice. Can I just say that I want to be friends with Marcia Cross? And the new mystery seems pretty sweet.
My only complaint is that DH is on at the same time as Curb Your Enthusiasm. Sucks.

4 Comments:

Blogger Matt S. said...

I say you go for it, if the ex really wants to be friends he'll forgive you in the long run anyway. At least explore a little bit, you gotta have fun right?

my word verification is:
SPAKN, if they would have just put another n in there before the k it would have been really sexy.

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bad thing is that DH is on the same time as The Family Guy!! But I will take marcia, marcia, marcia over stewie anyday. I want to be best friends with her, i really do and we could sip bloody mary's while making fun of queens walking by in really tight teeshirts and manpris (the male form of capri pants)

8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to tivo FG, and watch DH in the other room. But I manage.

As far as the hook up thing: I suggest that if you want anything more than a hook up, don't do it; you would fall in the "rebound" category. If that is all you want, I am pretty sure your ex will forgive you; he is your ex after all... things aren't perfect!!!

8:22 AM  
Blogger hot babe said...

I must admit, I'm seriously disappointed with DH so far this season. I don't need slapstick. And I don't need caricatures, either. They ruined Friends & Will & Grace by doing that. Just stick to decent writing with real characters doing crazy things. Why can't they stick to that? Bitches.

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home