Wednesday, September 28, 2005

brrr…chill-licious!

Awesome! The temps here in Denver have dropped about 30 degrees overnight. I love summer and all, but we had a pretty hot one here and it's finally nice to have a dreary day. There was this streak in July where I think we broke the heat record for a solid week. Granted, we have a very dry heat here (nothing like that bloody humidity I grew up with back home) but it still sucked. You get a rainy, cloudy day very infrequently here.

So today is totally chilly and rainy and I love it. I want to go home and curl up under a blanket and just read and watch TV all day. Young and the Restless and Days of Our Lives and Oprah and shit.

And I'm less than 100 pages from the end of The Time Travelers Wife, and I'm now sure it's going to have a very sad and depressing ending. Then I'm going to need a new book to start on.

Our chilly weather is only supposed to last through today. It's going to be warm again by the weekend, which is nice because Sunday is the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation Race for the Cure. I did the Race for the Cure for the first time last year, and it was so much more inspiring than I expected it to be. Thousands and thousands of people as far as the eye can see all walking for one cause.
They have to start it so damn early though. Would it be the end of the world if a charity walk started at 11 a.m. for once instead of freaking 8 a.m.? I mean, some of us like to party on Saturday nights!
Last year our walking team consisted of about ten ladies and me. The one studly man. *ahem* One of our interiors vendors who walked with the team made pretty, foofy pink scarves for all the team members and when I showed up she said "Oh, you probably don't want to wear one of these, do you?" And I was like, "Are you kidding?? Lay one on me sister!" And off we went….

2 Comments:

Blogger Kiddo78 said...

Hook up with that dude if you want to. It's not like you're killing someone. We are, after all, men. Which gives us the right to be jerks. Enjoy!!

4:23 PM  
Blogger hot babe said...

The breast cancer walk- now that's sweet. But I do recall catching you checking out my boobs on more than one occassion, so I think you just have a thing for breasts- gay or not.

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home