Wednesday, August 24, 2005

My office building was evacuated two hours ago due to a bomb threat. I’m sure that’s not rare in this day and age, but I believe it’s a first for me.
I had to marvel at the calmness of hundreds of people evacuating a major office building. People were joking, laughing, taking their time. And I couldn’t help but think that at any moment something horrible was going to happen.
One of the cleaning staff was still in the lobby shining the glass entry doors as everyone walked out. Is that really necessary when that glass may be blown out at any minute?
Plus, I work in Tower One of the Denver World Trade Center, which has always made me feel slightly uncomfortable. I remember one of my first interviews with my firm was on September 11, 2002. Very surreal.

Now everything is supposedly O.K. You’ll have to forgive me if I don’t feel totally at ease. I’m really amazed with the citizens of New York, Washington, DC, and London for their resilient spirit in the face of what they’ve been through. Actual terror and tragedy and death.

1 Comments:

Blogger hot babe said...

Well, thank god nothing blew up!

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home