Wednesday, August 10, 2005

me get fat now

Tomorrow it will be six weeks since I quit smoking.
It was my 30th birthday that spurred me to finally take the plunge. I'd been smoking for over ten years at that point. God, I can't believe it was that long.
And I loved it. I know it was absolutely horrible for me and it kills hundreds of thousands of people every year, but I still loved it.
I'm well past the physical addiction of course, but the psychological need still torments me almost every day.
So, being completely orally-fixated, I've started eating constantly at night to keep myself from running across the street and buying a pack of American Spirits. Peanut butter on Wheat Thins, popcorn, frozen pizza, Fritos, Blow-Pops, Starbursts...you name it. I can't help it. Some nights it's either eat or break down and smoke.
I'm afraid I will soon resemble one of those obese twins from the Guiness Book of World Records. You know, those twins on motorcycles?
And I just can't get fat again. I've been there and done that. I mean, I wrote the book on being an inactive, overeating, fat, depressed and repressed teen. So I've increased my workouts from two per week to four per week to balance out all the extra calories. Except now I'm sore as shit all the time. Every day. This afternoon I thought my ankles were going to give out on me.

God I need a smoke....

3 Comments:

Blogger hot babe said...

OK, you were that thin & only had to workout twice per week? I hate you.

Just think, you're skin will glow from no longer being robbed of O2 & you'll get more dates than ever.

5:56 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

Way to go! I know you can do it! I'm rooting for all of you quitters, seeing plenty of smokers at my work (cancer hospital) every day.

7:08 AM  
Blogger denverco said...

Geez - it makes me feel so petty and childish even thinking about smoking when so many people are suffering from its effects. Especially people who never smoked directly themselves.

I have to admit, I had my first "slip-up" last weekend. It was a Friday night, I was crazy-wasted and surrounded by five guys all chain-smoking, and around 1:00 a.m. I snapped. I only had two, but my lungs and throat felt like ass the next morning.
So in the end, it only confirmed that I'm better off not smoking!

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home