Friday, August 05, 2005

killing germs

*Before writing this post, I just want to say that I really don't hate my job or the people I work with THAT much. It's just that you really start to get a sense of how strange people are when you're forced to work with them 40-50 hours a week. I mean, I see these freaks more than I see anyone else in my life....*

This past winter I became addicted to using Purell Hand Sanitizer (with Aloe & Vitamin E to leave hands feeling soft & refreshed!!) to keep all those cold germies off my hands. I used to get sick all the time - seriously, like 1-2 colds a month. I felt like I was in a constant state of coming down with a cold, dealing with a cold, or recovering from a cold.

*It probably didn't help that I spent every night at the bar getting totally bombed and smoking at least a pack of cigarettes, in addition to engaging in an inordinate amount of casual sex. Of course now I'm a perfect angel....*

So this winter I dedicated myself to keeping my hands sparkly fresh, as at least a small, tentative step towards maintaining my health. I asked our receptionist to order a large dispenser of Purell that we could keep in the breakroom so everyone in the office could be as responsible as me. Then one day when I was in the breakroom I noticed one of our Senior Associates pumping some Purell into her hands, and then using it with water to wash her hands. Like it was liquid soap or something. I found it so strange. Had she never seen Purell before? Had she never seen someone else use it?
The next time I saw her at the sink I walked up, pumped some Purell into my hands, and then vigorously rubbed them together right in front of her so she could see how everyone else in the world uses Purell.
She immediately proceeded to pump and then wash as usual.

The inventor of Purell must be spinning in his (or her) grave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home