Friday, April 14, 2006

who's a cootsy-wootsy, itty-bitty, lovey-dovey sweetie-boy? you are!

The weather here has turned absolutely gorgeous and that means people are getting out and using the grill!
More specifically, using the grill in the courtyard just outside my living room French doors.

I had a long, psycho, draining day at work yesterday and when I walked into my apartment I was thrilled to finally be home. So I grabbed Ernie and gave him a big hug and kiss and started up some serious baby talk.
I mean, SERIOUS baby talk.
I'm talking high-pitched voice, cutesy talk, incoherent babbling, smoochy kissy sounds…the works. The kind of shit you only do when it's just you and your pet. For at least 30 seconds. And I was being really loud and obnoxious.

Then as I walked into my bedroom and glanced out the open window I saw hot-ass guy who has the two dogs standing a few feet away from my window grilling up some dinner and looking in at me with the strangest and most confused/disgusted look on his face. He clearly saw it was me who had been making that crazy noise.
I panicked, turned bright-red, broke out in a sweat, and almost dropped to my knees to hide behind the bed. But realizing he'd already seen - and obviously, heard - me I had no choice but to pretend I thought I was cooler than shit, quickly (but not TOO quickly) turn on my heels, strut into my bathroom, and slam the door behind me – in a manly way.

I saw him in Commons Park this morning on my way to work and I couldn't even bring myself to look at him.

I'm guessing we won't be hooking up anytime soon.

A cootchie-coo. *ahem*

5 Comments:

Blogger Matt S. said...

that is hilarious. That would be so embarrassing!

4:57 PM  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

I would have continued on, but saying those things to that dude from your window.

I think I saw you on the mall the other day. I was on the shuttle and some dude walked by that looked liked you - cobalt blue shirt/tan pants]. If it was you, you were too far away for me to yell 'Heyyyy Shenanigans!'.

If that was you, you're cuter in person. If not, you have a doppelganger.

5:21 PM  
Blogger hot babe said...

I used to love talking baby talk to my puppy. Revel in it. And hot-ass guy needs to shove it. I know he only looked at you funny, but I don't like him already.

9:34 PM  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

An easily fed ego. Must make note of that. :)

4:18 PM  
Blogger hot babe said...

Um, hello? Hell-ooooo?!? Who's your favorite? I can read this, you know.

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home