Monday, April 03, 2006

monday morning

Thanks RTD. Thanks a lot. I'm loving the strike. It's fabulous!
No – I really enjoyed walking to work this morning. Over a half hour to make my way up the entire 16th St. Mall - at 7:30 a.m.! Oh yeah. That's exactly what I was in the mood for on a Monday morning.
Christ – I hate walking from my bed to the shower in the morning, let alone all the way up the goddamn fucking Mall.
And the worst part about it was that a coworker mentioned that this might happen on Friday, and of course I promptly forgot all about her warning. That is, until I randomly heard Anne Curry mention it on the Today show while I was getting ready.
All those RTD workers striking up and down the Mall really do fit in perfectly, though, because most of them look like homeless bums anyway. Jesus H. – ever heard of a razor and a bar of soap?
And that's just the women. OH!
And to the douchebag who almost ran me down on Market Street – thanks for that scowl and WTF? frustrated gesture you gave me when it was you that almost ran a totally red light but somehow managed to come to a stop right on top of the crosswalk. Thanks so much. I really do appreciate your efforts to stop at red lights once in a while so that I might continue to live and perhaps even have the use of my legs too.

Stupid strike.

5 Comments:

Blogger hot babe said...

I love violently crabby Matty!

10:10 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

Oh geez - I'm sorry! I really resented the strikers too when it happened here, and I usually walk to work anyway. I'd still like the right to take the bus 4 blocks! Just in case!

Hope they start working again soon - at least you can cut some time off your gym workout?

11:50 AM  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

Interesting fact, the mall is exactly 1 mile long from Market to Civic Center.

So at least you are getting in some exercise. Not that I am saying your large or anything. Make lemonade out of lemons!

I had to rent a car to get to work. 200 a week. Blegh.

4:18 PM  
Blogger denverboy said...

I know - I'm trying to look on the bright side of things.
The weather is beautiful right now and I'm getting an hour of walking in every day. Blah blah blah.

The only problem is that I'm COMPLETELY anti-exercise first thing in the morning. I'm a total afternoon exercise junkie. So after about five blocks I just want to give up and go chill at the Starbucks on Blake St.

Anyway, I skipped the gym yesterday because I figured I'll be getting in five hours of walking this week!
And I'm a lazy son of a bitch.

BB - $200 a week?! And you have to pay to park??

10:26 AM  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

Actually $20 a day for week so 140. Don't know why I was thinking 200. I actually work in lame ass Thornton at a converted mall [now a business center], so the parking is plentiful.

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home