Monday, April 03, 2006

monday morning

Thanks RTD. Thanks a lot. I'm loving the strike. It's fabulous!
No – I really enjoyed walking to work this morning. Over a half hour to make my way up the entire 16th St. Mall - at 7:30 a.m.! Oh yeah. That's exactly what I was in the mood for on a Monday morning.
Christ – I hate walking from my bed to the shower in the morning, let alone all the way up the goddamn fucking Mall.
And the worst part about it was that a coworker mentioned that this might happen on Friday, and of course I promptly forgot all about her warning. That is, until I randomly heard Anne Curry mention it on the Today show while I was getting ready.
All those RTD workers striking up and down the Mall really do fit in perfectly, though, because most of them look like homeless bums anyway. Jesus H. – ever heard of a razor and a bar of soap?
And that's just the women. OH!
And to the douchebag who almost ran me down on Market Street – thanks for that scowl and WTF? frustrated gesture you gave me when it was you that almost ran a totally red light but somehow managed to come to a stop right on top of the crosswalk. Thanks so much. I really do appreciate your efforts to stop at red lights once in a while so that I might continue to live and perhaps even have the use of my legs too.

Stupid strike.

4 Comments:

Blogger hot babe said...

I love violently crabby Matty!

10:10 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

Oh geez - I'm sorry! I really resented the strikers too when it happened here, and I usually walk to work anyway. I'd still like the right to take the bus 4 blocks! Just in case!

Hope they start working again soon - at least you can cut some time off your gym workout?

11:50 AM  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

Interesting fact, the mall is exactly 1 mile long from Market to Civic Center.

So at least you are getting in some exercise. Not that I am saying your large or anything. Make lemonade out of lemons!

I had to rent a car to get to work. 200 a week. Blegh.

4:18 PM  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

Actually $20 a day for week so 140. Don't know why I was thinking 200. I actually work in lame ass Thornton at a converted mall [now a business center], so the parking is plentiful.

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home