Wednesday, March 29, 2006

the weekend, vol.3

Saturday was beautiful here in Denver. Just a gorgeous, gorgeous spring day.

I, of course, was out and about running errands in my fabulous car (HELLO SuperTarget!). I just drove and drove. Happy as a clam. Then I went to the gym, and it was so nice because I had the whole place to myself. Lately that gym has been fucking psycho with everyone trying to get rid of their love handles before summer arrives. But I guess on Saturday everyone was out enjoying the sunshine and getting natural exercise instead of being cooped up in the gym.

That night was L.'s engagement party at the Mercury Café. Very swanky. They had the whole upper floor decked out with food, booze, DJ, etc. I enjoyed a couple glasses of champagne, got to meet some of the people I'll be traveling to the Bahamas with in May, and I even busted out my emergency cigarette from my glove compartment...just because it was such a special occasion.
L.'s fiancee and I had an interesting discussion about the type of alcohol that makes us fucking crazy. His is white wine. Mine is definitely champagne. I'm not talking just a glass or two, but any more than that and I'm completely uninhibited.
I go loco and behave much like hotbabe does after drinking Jag.

Then I had to stop by the Atomic Cowboy for yet ANOTHER birthday. I also swung by JR's but I was feeling pretty wiped so I actually went home way before bar close and sat on my couch like a zombie and watched Roseanne.
God - sometimes I don't even know who I am anymore…

4 Comments:

Blogger Big Daddy said...

Jager or Rumple Minze make me loco in la cabeza. It makes me start randomly wanting to kiss people.

Gay, straight, Canadan, it don't matter. Evil.

[Oh, and like the shorter posts by the way]

6:33 PM  
Blogger hot babe said...

I echo barney boy's love of the shorter posts.

Matty- I need to get you off your obsession with Roseanne. I may need to wrangle up an intervention. Horrid show.

And barney boy, why don't you come over to my place for some dead nazis (jag & rumpies)... you know... just because...

God what have I come to? I'm now flirting with gay men over the internet! Oh wait, I've always flirted with gay men... let's face it, because they're usually the hotest guys in the room.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

Dead Nazis? We called 'em 'Liquid Cocaine' where I bartended. How funny.

Sure, as long as you don't mind a guy with a kissing problem. :)

9:08 AM  
Blogger hot babe said...

I don't consider that a kissing problem. It's not a problem at all. However, the last time I told a bartender to give me anything that would f me up he gave me dead nazis. I ended up hitting on some guy that I just refered to as Miller Lite & made it back to my car the next morning. The shame of it all was that at the time I worked at that bar as a server & got dropped off at my car during the Sunday brunch shift. My manager noticed my car in the parking lot & loved asking everyone how my night was.

Matty- when am I coming to Denver again? Oh yeah, I'm the one with the scheduling problem. Good thing for you since I'd kill you if you forced me to watch Roseanne. Although, if you have an endless supply of Bartles & James as you usually do, I'm totally there.

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home