Wednesday, March 15, 2006

no title

I've been trying to get up the enthusiasm to write a blog entry for the past couple of weeks. Every time I start one it just sounds lame and unnecessary to me and I end up trashing it.

I think I'm trying to figure out why I'm keeping this blog in the first place. And why in the world people would be entertained by it.

Is it an ego thing, where I can talk up the fun experiences I've had, the hot guys I've felt up, the sweet clothes I've bought?
Or maybe it's a way for my friends to keep up with my day-to-day life? I am, after all, a guy who is loath to pick up a phone on even a semi-regular basis.
A lot of the time I think I simply like having a blog because it gives me the opportunity to do some creative writing, which had come to a screeching halt after the one-two punch of college and grad school.
Or perhaps I just think I'm HILARIOUSLY funny and I owe it to the world to share my precious gift.
Yeah, that's it.

I don't know.
Maybe I'm just not in the mood right now to talk about my crazy Saturday night at Tracks, or how I've developed a rather unfortunate and undeniable crush on one of my best friend's boyfriend, or how pleased I am with The Amazing Race and Survivor this season, or how much I'm digging the new Weezer and LL Cool J videos, or how I'm helplessly addicted to Nip/Tuck season two on DVD and the totally shaggable doctors and the too-pretty-to-exist son Matt, or how excited I am to see the season premiere of The Sopranos tonight.

I don't know.
I'll probably be back to normal by next week.
Probably.

9 Comments:

Blogger Kiddo78 said...

I hear ya. Clearly go through blog boycotts myself, but I think you should keep at it! Your entries entertain me, anyway! And, yeah, isn't Nip/Tuck Season 2 kee-razy?!? Except that Matt grosses me out. I think he looks like a skank and I can't stand him.

3:30 PM  
Blogger Matt S. said...

I have been in a blogging rutt lately too. Sometimes I just want to quit, but I think I would mis it too much.

5:39 PM  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

I've missed your posts. I think you're funny and it gives me something to do when I have reached the end of the internets.

And I am going to have to disagree with you on Matt from Nip/Tuck. He looks too much like a Jacko impersonator. He made it hard to watch.

I can't wait for season 3, need to find out who the 'Cutter' is.

6:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not you, I think it is the weather!! I am so in a blah mood also tonight.

10:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Know the feeling.

12:47 AM  
Blogger hot babe said...

barney Boy- thank you! The son on Nip/Tuck has made it impossible for me to watch because he's incredibly creepy. What's with his bug eyes with girl eye lashes? When I look at him I fear that he's going to find me & kill me. Something's just not right with that kid.

8:25 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh you've so got what I have... I agree,I think for me it is something creative to do.
If it means anyhting *which if your like me it will* I think you are so,so amusing and witty.I find you and your blog rather irresistable you know. So please keep up with it.I would hate to miss your thoughts on the latest person kicked off the island...

10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't figure out how to email you...

.eryk

5:25 PM  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

See! People read your blog. Didn't mean to ambush it with discussion of Nip/Tuck 'Matt. But you and kiddo started it.

Maybe he is the result of the leftovers from Jacko's surgerie; an ideal version of what he wants to be[?].

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home