Friday, February 24, 2006

eh? what's all that noise sonny??

The first four songs I listened to in my new car:

1. "Boys Keep Swinging" – David Bowie
2. "Crazy in Love" – Beyonce
3. "Coffee and TV" – Blur
4. "Got the Life" – Korn

I think all four of these songs kick ass, but perhaps my musical tastes need to be updated a bit before I permanently turn into a 65-year-old who firmly believes that all music released after 1960 is just too darn loud and filthy.

If you were to advise me to go out and buy one new, happenin', sweet CD that I can no longer live without what would it be?

3 Comments:

Blogger Big Daddy said...

Hi. Me again. I'm not stalking you I swear. If you like Blur, you should check out the Gorillaz latest. The singer dude from Blur is part of the 'group'.

They even have a song with Shaun Ryder from the Happy Mondays on it called 'Dare'. I have the MP3 on my work computer if you want me to send you it before you buy.

Also recommend The Killers 'Hot Fuss' [although it's over a year old] or a band called 'Orson', but their album isn't out yet.

10:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not to be mean to barney boy, but Gorillaz make me want to pull my eyes out; and Blur is one of my all time favorite groups. Just so you know...

Also, check out this page on my site:
http://www.duanemoody.com/cdreview.html

I know that it is a lot, but it will give you a wide range of ideas... I at least give all of them star ratings. Have fun!

1:51 PM  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

Hey Duane,

Your email doesn't work on your site [my mail says it's an invalid address]. What about the Gorillaz want to make you pull your eyes out?

Tom Petty makes me feel that way.

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home