Wednesday, October 05, 2005

on your marks....

O.K. – I'm loving The Amazing Race this season.

I had originally believed it was going to be super lame because of the whole "family" theme, but now I can clearly see it's working out quite splendidly. There are now four people per team instead of two. And if you think two people can get on each other's nerves and fight like cats and dogs, try four people!
It honestly seems like this season of the show may actually be destroying families. And that's just entertaining T.V. Period.

"Oh – he's a heavy one!" – My favorite quote of the night when a family was hauling one of those Civil War bodies off the battlefield. I mean, the dudes were just pretending to be dead for christ's sake. The fat guy could surely hear what they were saying and was probably crushed. Hee hee.

My favorite family at the moment is the widow/kids combo. Normally I hate intensely religious people, but for some reason I love them. It's just so damn funny every time they take off running to do something. That dark-haired girl always lets out a cute little shriek. And I've never heard so many "oh my goshes." And "god, please help us in jesus' name, amens." Plus the kids nearly killed their mom in the first episode with an Amish buggy. They literally ran over her ass. And jebus protected her!

I think the two families who have been booted so far are going to need some intense therapy. The first family kicked off was the Black family (literally their last name - not a generalized description, although they actually were, in fact, black). And their older kid looked absolutely devastated and emotionally destroyed. I don't think he's ever going to get over it.
Last night's family was equally ruined. The mom was like, "I'm really going to have to work to keep this family together now" after they got eliminated, while the son was staring at his dad like he's going to put Draino in his coffee as soon as they get back home. Fantastic. Reminds me of my family vacations as a kid. Except we didn't have a big huge fancy SUV to get around in.

And I think that Phil may have replaced Jeff from Survivor as my favorite reality show host. Jeff is just so 2001. Phil is hot! Heh heh hehheheh – yummy. Yum, yum, yum! *smmmmmmack!*

5 Comments:

Blogger Matt S. said...

I am so pissed, I missed this weeks episode because all the stupid local channels went out for over an hour during prime time on Tuesday, I was nearly in tears. Stupid Direct TV, that is an hour of reality TV I will never get back!

I have never laughed so hard as when the buggy literally ran over the mom, that was quite simply Amazing!

I love Phil, I would not mind getting Phil-iminated one bit, I think I would probably tackle him and have my way with him if I ever saw him. He is approaching Anderson Cooper levels of hot in my opinion!

2:09 PM  
Blogger denverco said...

OMG - Anderson Cooper!
He is my FAVORITE.
Last week he was doing a live report from Louisiana on the T.V. while I was working out at the gym, and I was getting physically aroused while on the elliptical machine. I had to divert my eyes for a while, lest I offend the other people in the gym with my Anderson tent.

2:16 PM  
Blogger denverco said...

You know - I hadn't heard that, but now that you mention it, it sounds logical.
So far they've gone from N.Y. to Philadelphia to Amish country or something like that. And they're all traveling in matching SUVs. And I couldn't help but wonder as I was watching how safe it would be to take kids and teenagers into the types of countries they usually travel to.

3:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love,love love the amazing race!I felt the same way with the family theme,I love the big mouth mom so much...she is hilarious to watch.Every time someone would say *the black family*Iwould immediately get uncomfortable for them then think wait...they are the black family...I loved those cute little kids.My favorite team is the guys with his sons in law...what a good way to get in with the family for them.The religious family is sweet too...o.k. I loke them all except that big mouth dad guy...he bugs me...wow,don't get me started on reality t.v. I guess...wow!

11:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

wo after re reading my comment I realized I was a little excited and all over the board...

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home