Wednesday, October 05, 2005

notes from the weekend

(delayed due to me actually being really busy at work right now….)

Jesus – talk about a fast weekend! I feel like it didn't even really happen it was so fast.

I caught my first professional hockey game on Thursday night. G. scored us free tickets and they were actually really good seats – 15th row. I was so excited to see some crazy fights and blood on the ice. There were a couple skirmishes, but alas, no blood or teeth flying through the air. Rats.
Lots of hot guys at the game though. And nice, big, expensive Coors Lights.

Friday night I went out with B. (my drunken friend who crashed at my place a couple weekends ago). We just went to J.R.'s and it was in all respects a pretty normal Friday night, except that I just wasn't getting drunk. Do you ever have one of those nights where you drink and drink and drink, and everyone around you is getting bombed, but for some strange reason you still feel completely lucid?
I'm not saying I need to be wasted to have a good time (although it doesn't hurt) but after drinking from 8-2 you'd think I would have been feeling it.
The lowest part of the evening was when I bumped into the friend of my ex from last weekend. I thought we might continue our little flirtation, but he really didn't seem into it, and after we had been talking for about two minutes his ex-boyfriend walked up and sat down at the table. I was confused for about half a second, then realized – oh shit, they're back together. And they are. Back together. And the ex/current boyfriend didn't look me in the eye once. So obviously he had heard about the previous weekend's flirting. Sheesh – lame.
I went looking for B. and found him kissing some guy he'd met the night before. Then I started to feel a little depressed that I didn't have anyone to pay attention to me and make out with.
Anyway, at about 1:15 someone hanging with us bought a round of tequila shots. I was standing at another table and when I walked back over B. had just done his shot. I looked at him and his hand was over his mouth. The shot was coming right back up. I was like, "B., get to the bathroom!" and away he ran. He was in there for about five minutes and I went to check on him. He was fine – he had thrown up and was washing up a bit. There was a good-looking boy in the bathroom who gave me a little smile and asked if everything was O.K. About ten minutes later I saw the boy out by the bar, and we started talking. He told me I was cute and asked if he could have my number. And lo and behold, out of the blue I had a new crush! We only talked for about fifteen minutes, but I already know that he's attractive, in shape, articulate, and a good dresser. And he's a social worker who works with old people, so he most likely has a soul too! Sweet. We're going to hang out later this week.

*I love the initial crush period where the anticipation of what could happen makes you all giddy and makes your heart beat a little bit faster. Before you find some ridiculous flaw that makes you rethink the whole situation. Before an intense fear of commitment kicks in or an overactive libido makes you do something stupid.
One of these days I'm going to get it right – I really am.*

Instead of getting to bed early on Saturday night I went out again and ended up crashing at about 3 a.m. And my alarm was set for 7 a.m. for the Race for the Cure. Ouch. The Race started at 8:30, but I didn't get to the starting line until almost 9:00. The whole pack of 65,000 or so people had already taken off, and I was one of those pathetic stragglers at the back. At that point I almost decided to say screw it and head back to bed, but I summoned that teeny little bit of charity at the bottom of my heart and started walking. I power-walked my way through the clusterfuck of strollers and balloons and little kids and dogs, and right before the end caught up to my team. And I did feel good about myself for sacrificing a little sleep to support the efforts to put an end to such a horrible disease.

Then I sat in front of the T.V. (when I wasn't napping) and was a zombie for the rest of the day. Go Roseanne reruns!

1 Comments:

Blogger hot babe said...

1st- good for you for having it in you to walk for a good cause. No pink scarf this year?

2nd- the new crush has a soul? Since when do we want someone with a soul? Have I taught you nothing? Don't tell me you've gone & grown a heart!

3rd- Roseanne reruns give me the worst Sunday feeling ever. But pop in a My So Called Life dvd & I'm set! Jordan Catalano...

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home