Friday, May 12, 2006

can I just bitch for a second?

I can't believe how much work I have to do. I have never been this busy or overwhelmed in the almost four years I've been here.
I literally can't get started on one project without being bombarded by two more while I'm trying to get my brain focused on the first.
I stayed home on Monday, Wednesday, AND Thursday nights this week (I did briefly go out on Tuesday – but only for about an hour) so I would be as sharp as possible for work. What the hell???
I don't even know who I am anymore.

I've got one major proposal on my plate that I have to have finished by the 22nd. That's the most important project.
But in addition to that, I'm putting together a telecommunications package, a tenant interiors package, a workplace package, converting our case studies to a new firmwide template, developing a powerpoint for a mixed-use development presentation, and drafting a new employee resume for a graphics submittal, among other things.
And on top of all that our office just got our firm's first Gold LEED-certification, so I have every other office calling for any project info they can get their hands on, and I have to have a press release ready to release nationwide ASAP.

I just got a call from my mom this morning - my grandpa had some sort of stroke last night and has sepsis or something – I don't even understand – and he's not doing well. We've known the inevitable was coming soon with him for a while now - but as selfish as this makes me sound…please don't let anything happen for the next couple weeks, god!
I honestly don't know who would do my work if I have to suddenly leave, and I'm supposed to travel to the Bahamas in less than two weeks. If I have to go to a funeral I don't even know what I'm going to do.
It makes me feel like just smoking a bowl and doing a couple shots of tequila and curling up in the fetal position in my bed.

I know – bitch, bitch, bitch. Poor Matt. But it makes me feel just a little better to complain about it and just get it all out there. Whatever happens, happens I guess.
I shouldn't even be wasting time writing this. But I just wanted to let everyone know where I've been and why I'll be MIA for a while longer.

Oh, and on a lighter note - I'm wearing my new super bright green Gap polo shirt today, and I've received commentary on it from every single person I've talked to. I didn't realize it would be such a talking point. I guess it IS kind of crazy bright, but I thought it was a perfect spring shirt.
Plus I never wear color so I'm trying to break out of my box a little.
I'll take a pic a little later and let you weigh in.

1 Comments:

Blogger Big Daddy said...

Yikes! That sounds like a lot. Good luck. And sorry to hear about your grandfather.

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home