Tuesday, May 02, 2006

awkward office banter with an attempted Matt diffuser

Employee #1: "So ___, how did you hurt your back?"

Employee #2: "Oh - it just went out again. Happens a lot."

Employee #1: "Ha – it's because you're getting old!"

Employee #2: "No, this has actually been happening since college."

Employee #1: "Ha – no way! It's because you're getting old! Old man!"

Employee #2: "No. I compressed my spine in a rugby match in college and nearly ended up in a wheelchair."

Employee #1: *silence*

Employee #2: *silence*

Matt: "Ha ha – well, that's why I don't play rugby. That, and I wouldn't want anything to happen to my pretty, pretty face!"

Employees #1 and #2: *silence*

Matt: *silence*

3 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

So it turns out near-paralysis isn't funny? That's good to know! I feel your awkward silence pain denverboy!

2:26 PM  
Blogger hot babe said...

Now that made me laugh out loud! I so wish I had been there.

9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pretty pretty face. Pretty face!!!! HAHAHA! That sounds like something I would have said.

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home