Friday, April 21, 2006

got any arkansas?

I get more and more impatient every year. I'm pretty good at suppressing it most of the time, but deep down there's a lot of rage. My grandpa was impatient, my mom is impatient, and I'm crabbily carrying on the family tradition.
Is crabbily even a word?

It'll be a miracle if I haven't been convicted of a homicide by the time I'm 40.

I just wanted to deposit a check, grab some Starbucks, and get my ass back to work as quickly as possible this morning. I've got tons of work to get done today because I'm going to be out of the office M-W next week. And there were only three tellers with open stations.
I was pretty calm for the first five minutes. I realize you have to chill out at banks these days. I used to be a teller and would always make a customer's life hell if I detected even a smidge of impatience or attitude. But then I overheard the "business" of the woman standing at the station in front of me.

She had the kid looking through his change tray for specific state quarters.

4 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

are you serious? and the kid was doing it? If I tried that on any of the tellers around here I think they would shoot me justifiably.

1:22 PM  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

Aren't you supposed to special request order that stuff in advance? I know you have to do that for $2 bills.

5:39 PM  
Blogger toobusyliving said...

I was in the bank a couple days ago for the first time in about 5 years. I'd almost forgotten what it was like....lots of old people.

7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THAT is why I just use the ATM. I don't deal with the tellers unless I absolutely have to.

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home