Friday, May 05, 2006

bleh

I don't know if it's the weather, or the fact that it's Friday afternoon, or that one of my friends e-mailed me at noon and told me she was taking off the rest of the day to go celebrate Drinko de Mayo at a downtown bar, or maybe because I drank a little too much (free!) tequila last night – but I am having a MAJOR problem getting shit done at work today.

Which is unfortunate because I've got so much to do. My supervisor is out of town for two weeks and I've got this gigantic proposal to get done by Monday afternoon, among other projects. I've got piles of subconsultant materials as far as the eye can see! And my supervisor is much, much better at organizing and coordinating these kinds of nasty messes.
I'm really just here to be the marketing eye candy.
I miss her so much and she just left this morning! Lord, give me strength…

So - I'm going to spend the rest of my afternoon writing up my firm's understanding of the goals and objectives of a potential project including, but not limited to, processes, schedules, cost estimating and MBE/WBE participation.
Hmmm…goals.
Go-als… *tapping finger on chin*
OK - first I have to figure out the project goals by attempting to decipher my notes from Tuesday's preproposal meeting, where I spent most of my time gawking at this outrageously good-looking, 40-something architect. RAWR.

I tell ya, at this point I'd seriously rather be forced to sit through multiple screenings of "RV" at gunpoint than work on this sucker.

It's the thought of the weekend that's keeping me alive.
One of my friends is having her annual Kentucky Derby party tomorrow, where I traditionally lose all my excess money by betting on some nag that ends up coming in last or second-to-last. I always just choose the gayest, foofiest name. That's my strategy. Of course, they're all pretty gay-sounding I guess.
And tomorrow morning I'm going to get tailored for my fantastic new suit. It's Oscar de la Renta and it makes me look really hot. Now I just need to be invited to a bunch of fancy parties so I can work it.
And last night at the bar I met this cutie who is here visiting from Minneapolis. He's adorable. Unfortunately he was going up to Wyoming today, but he'll be back on Sunday afternoon and we're going to hang out. Yeah! Love those Minneapolis boys…

3 Comments:

Blogger Actions and Consequences said...

Why am I not in your links?
=..(
Those are tears not beauty marks.

2:10 PM  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

So you get the project done?

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great blog. made me chuckle a bit.

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home