Monday, November 21, 2005

picture madness

I had a work assignment this weekend. I was charged with the task of finding something that "depicts how you lose track of time in this world of schedules which consumes us." It's for some kind of office display. And since turning in a picture of a bottle of tequila or a joint or a cock isn't considered entirely acceptable in the professional working world I decided to take a picture of my favorite bookstore, the Tattered Cover - where I've spent many hours in a comfy chair, listening to tunes, poring over the collected works of Socrates… er, or US Weekly – whatever.
Then under the influence of digital camera-fever I snapped a few pics of my neighborhood – the area between I-25 and Union Station. Then I walked into my apartment and caught Ernest in the act of stalking my latte. And THEN I started taking pictures of myself in the bathroom mirror – which is practically a staple of any gay man's profile on any gay-related site – but I had never done before. It's hard! Basically I just wanted to show the results of my $40 - $40!! – haircut from Friday. I think from now on I'll just stick to the $20 Floyd's haircut. It looks exactly the same. And takes roughly half the time.

So, now I'm no longer a taking-pictures-of-myself-with-a-digital-camera-in-the-bathroom-mirror-trying-to-look-cool-but-not-TOO-cool-for-school virgin. Maybe next time I'll work up the courage to do it with my clothes off? Ha – you wish!

3 Comments:

Blogger hot babe said...

1st- I may not be able to read this from work much longer if you are so naughty.

2nd- $40 for a haircut is nothing. Didn't even blink when I saw that price tag. You should have Reid cut your hair & then you can freak out about that price tag.

3rd- Please no naked pictures. I'd have to start therapy immediately if I saw that. And besides, you don't want to be *that* guy. Gross.

6:08 PM  
Blogger Matt S. said...

I know that pain of expensive haircuts, the price keeps going up on mine. Now with tip I am paying 45 bucks. That is out of control for mens hair, but I love my stylist. Your hair looks great it was worth the money!

I forgot how pretty Denver is, I haven't been there in years. I might have to journey out that way sometime!

8:24 AM  
Blogger hot babe said...

Wait a minute, don't you guys get a touch up cut after 3 weeks, so it's really like 3 cuts for that price. That's the way it is at my salon, and I wish women got that treatment. It makes the price for a good cut totally worth it.

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home